EEG test is an essential test in diagnostics and monitoring of epilepsy treatment.
It also helps to diagnose and differentiate other conditions in children, such as:
- conditions after head injuries,
It is also necessary at:
- qualification for extreme sports,
- qualification for biofeedback,
- qualification for vaccines in children from the perinatal risk group.
At MediPark, we perform EEG tests:
- in wakefulness,
- in sleep,
- in nocturnal sleep.
Video EEG in sleep and in vigil
In MediPark there is also a possibility to perform the EEG video test, which involves simultaneous registration of EEG and behavior of the patient using video image. It’s used in:
- diagnosis of epilepsy (particularly drug-resistant)
- in the differentiation of paroxysmal states niepadaczowych, particularly often occurring in children (eg .: tics, myoclonus, seizures affective apnea, masturbation)
- in the diagnosis of seizure episodes during sleep (e.g. .: night drugs, myoclonus)
- in monitoring the treatment of epilepsy, to make sure that the attacks do not occur.