An oncologist is occupied with prevention, recognition and treatment of cancerous diseases.
Visit an oncologist if the following symptoms appear:
- chronic fever of unknown origin,
- quick weight loss in a person who is not on a diet,
- bleeding from the digestive tract or other parts of the body with unknown etiology,
- chronic constipations and diarrheas,
- persistent hoarseness unrelated with an infection,
- loss of appetite,
- chronic fatigue, lack of strength,
- shortness of breath,
- tumor palpable through skin,
- enlarged lymph nodes, unrelated to infection,
- anemia in laboratory tests, despite previous supplementation with iron,
- recurrent infections of a system/organ occupied by a tumor,
- liquid accumulating in body cavities (as revealed by image diagnostics).